Monday, October 3, 2022

It's Time to Raise the Curtain...


How's it going, folks? I'm Ryu-Kage, and if you haven't seen this before, this is my art blog. Here, I upload artwork which I complete and feel confident enough to share, as well as discussing details about the pictures and my thought process when making them. ...At least, that was the intention about eleven years ago when I started this blog. You may have noticed I have not uploaded in about six years, though.

Why haven't I uploaded in such a long time? To be honest, I don't know if I can explain myself well. Probably a combination of losing confidence in my skills, not drawing as frequently as I once did, and losing sight of even uploading things. I can't say I am in a very good position right now, but I thought pushing myself to upload my pictures somewhere and talking about them would help me regain some confidence and control of my life. I have always to draw, and I should be proud of what I can do.

What's the plan going forward? First of all, I intentionally was writing here using as few apostrophes as I could, but if you haven't noticed yet, I will be dropping that affectation. It's a relatively minor change, but a change nonetheless. Click below for further plans going forward.

Later this week, I'll publish my first post in a while: two illustrations I entered for a Pokemon Art Contest held earlier this year. I did not place, but I'm glad I entered, and I would like to show those drawings and talk about them.

Speaking of entering contests, since I stopped typing on the blog, I also started submitting some of my drawings to a local annual fair. This fair has a "fine arts" contest, and I have been submitting pictures each year since 2017 (except 2020 when the fair was canceled due to the pandemic). After talking about my Pokemon contest entries, I would like to post once a week on each of my entries to that fair until I run out.

Once I run out of fair entries to discuss, though, do not expect this blog to continue weekly. I will be trying to submit here again occasionally, at minimum once a month. Maybe a bit more frequently, as I do have a backlog of drawings I want to discuss (including the one at the top of this post). This can also be my motivation to keep drawing at least until I can land a job doing so.

It would also be nice to write or talk about games I play or movies I watch, getting into some detail I notice about things I enjoy which I feel like should be discussed. Because this blog is meant as my art channel, though, I don't want to taint this blog with other content (even if I am doing that right now, hahaha). I have wanted to make YouTube videos for a long time, though I don't know if I will have time to record and edit videos. Perhaps, though, I could start another blog where I can more freely discuss these random thoughts. If I do open a space for this kind of discussion, I will show the way here.

In the meantime, you can find me on Twitter @RyuKageChroma, although at the time of writing, I have not logged on to Twitter in over a year (my explanation there is more simple; new phone, don't want to connect it to Twitter). I will be reconnecting there soon, though I will refrain from tweeting too much and mainly use it as another avenue to upload my drawings, as well as anything else I may be doing.

I also have a Twitch account: RyuKageChroma. Although I have not streamed there in a couple of months, I will stream there to play games and chat with the few people who stumble in. The last game I played there was Kirby and the Forgotten Land (which I'm loving), and I would be THRILLED to broadcast the remake of LIVE A LIVE whenever I return to streaming.

So, that is my plan as of October 2022. Let's see how well I stick to it. Thank you for reading, and as the show starts again, let's meet back here later this Thursday for my first new post in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment