Sunday, September 8, 2013

Lucids: Sakura's Newmoon

I was on vacation last week, so I could not really update this blog.  However, I did make a small update to a much earlier post, making some minor edits to one of my drawings of Sakura.  It is at the bottom of the entry linked here if you want a look.

Speaking of Sakura, I actually did want to upload a picture of her before I left, but it was not finished.  I have been trying to finish up the picture since I came back, and I think it is at a passable point.

I drew out a comic a couple of months ago showing one of Sakura's abilities (Fullmoon) in action, where she creates a white disc that attracts an object of her choice toward her.  Depicted here is Sakura utilizing the opposite technique: Newmoon.  She creates a black disc that can repel nearby objects.  Newmoon is obviously used as a defensive technique by holding it up, but she is also capable of using Newmoon to push things with a force several dozen times her natural strength.

The other drawing of Sakura I referenced earlier also showed off also displayed her using Newmoon, but I thought it might look like she was spraying the fire from the disc herself instead of blocking or deflecting it.  This time, I decided to shoot lasers at her.  It was a much simpler-looking attack and could easily be depicted being reflected.  I even added a few touches here and there to point out that there was some kind of impact.

While Sakura does make a black disc that resembles a shield to use this ability, things do not necessarily have to touch that disc to be affected by Newmoon.  Sakura can repel anything with Newmoon as long as it is in front of her (or wherever she holds the black "moon").  Notice how she reflects the lower laser even though it is aimed at her thigh instead of the disc.  I drew faint red squiggles all over this picture in an attempt to illustrate the repulsive force that Newmoon creates, though these squiggles would not normally be visible until either something hits this "force field" or Sakura quickly pushes with Newmoon.

To recap, Sakura's primary abilities as a Lucid are pushing and pulling powers related to the moon's affect on the tides.  She can hold up either a white disc to attract things toward her or a black one to push them away from her.  Seems like a rather simple concept, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment